Friday 2 December 2011

Picasso fever...

One of the main reasons to go to Hakone was to go to the Open Air Museum which also houses the Picasso museum. To prepare for the trip I bought Getting To Know The Worlds Greatest Artists by Mike Venezia. The book, I think has just the right amount of information, enough to spark an interest and not too much to overwhelm. It touches on various stages of Picasso's life, the early days, Blue Period, Rose Period, Cubism, the Civil war etc. Ebi-kun soaked it all up, when I first looked at the book I was totally convinced but after seeing Ebi-kun devour it, I will be buying others in the series.

Picasso
available on Amazon and The Book Depository (free international shipping)
I made Ebi-kun a workbook to go with this little book, it has some question pages, drawing pages, sections on shading and hatching plus some little cards to match. If you would like a copy it is available as a PDF here.




One of the pages prompted a lesson on how to use the dictionary too!

The dictionary being used is the Scholastic Children's dictionary
available on Amazon and The Book Depository

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    I'm interested in the shot of the dictionary you are using - it looks colourful and, dare I say it, fun. I'm searching for one that is exactly that but it's hard to find one that has a reasonable breadth and plenty of illustrations. Which do you use? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, it is a nice dictionary, I think my husband bought it when he was studying English but it is a kids dictionary, I have put the name and links under the photo in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I was just looking at the Usborne dictionary and thesaurus today, so will check this one out too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!
I love hearing from you and if you haven't joined us in Moms That Rock, come on over!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/momsthatrock/

Pin It button on image hover