Friday 16 September 2011

New goodies...

I have slowly been adding some new things to the shop, I am in the process of updating my patterns and turning them into PDF files so that you have the choice on how you want to buy them. When we got the new computer we had to update the software too, so I am learning how to use it as I go along.

I don't know about you but I LOVE Red Panda's (I can't bring myself to call them lesser panda's, it is such a rubbish name!) So after several failed sketches i found one I liked and the Red Panda Pass Case was born, it is suitable for you travel card and is tucked away in the panda's head so you don't lose it!

ON SALE Red Panda Pass Case PDF Pattern

Then there is the little Japanese Owl Brooch Pattern, this is such a great pattern for using up scraps and it is easy too, I am sure kids would be able to make them, the tricky part is sewing on the buttons but you could always glue them on.

ON SALE Japanese Style Owl Brooch PDF pattern

Are you in the 'can't sew, won't sew' camp, no problem, I won't hold that against you! I have sets of owl brooches already made up, one for you and one to give away. Just let me know which 'couple' you want when you check out. Out of curiosity, which is your favourite couple?

ON SALE A Pair Of Japanese Style Owl Brooches
Now, I don't like to use the C word until at least the end of November, but in case you are one of those people who love to be organised and buy your C gifts early, I have some cute little festive owls to hang on your tree.

Festive Owl Decoration

and, ALL of them are on SALE until the end of the month!

I have been thinking a lot recently on which direction to move in and what I should be focusing my efforts on, I do a lot of freebies on the blog and I intend to still do tutorials but some of them I will turn into projects you need to pay for. I'm not totally comfortable with this so I am going to grade the pricing according to the time taken to make the end product/tutorial. Anyone who has written a tutorial for a blog will know how much time and effort goes into it all, it all comes down to time and money at the end of the day, sometimes I wish we could go back to the old bartering system! I like the way that Pugly Pixel does her tutes, she has a small freebie but the big file you need to pay for, she sells graphics so I am not sure how I can apply that to my stuff...more thinking is required!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!
I love hearing from you and if you haven't joined us in Moms That Rock, come on over!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/momsthatrock/

Pin It button on image hover