Thursday 21 July 2011

A Big Hit.....

I downloaded the latest Action Pack and one of the many things that caught my eye was the utility belt. I was pondering what I was going to make it from (I don't have much in the way of camouflage fabric in my stash) when I noticed that my husband had put a pair of trousers to one side to go in the bin. They never made it that far, I lopped the legs off and set to work. I adapted the original pattern a little, I thought 6 pockets would make it too big for Ebi-kun so I made it with five and I used Velcro to close the pockets because I figured he would find that easier to open/close. I decorated each pocket with some buggy buttons that I have been saving for something special. I was sure I had a stag beetle button but couldn't find it so I had to use a dinosaur!
I put in the pockets, a magnifying glass, scissors (not ready to let him have a knife just yet), emergency whistle, rope and a compass - he was SO happy to have the compass.
I also got the Collins Gem book of Knots, the Action Pack does have a printout with some knots but I really couldn't be bothered to dig the laminator out of the back of the cupboard so I went with the book instead.
Ebi-kun basically wore his belt all weekend, he took it off to go in the river and to sleep and that was about it, he says 'it's cool because it has loads of different pockets which is handy for all my stuff'.
Originally some friends had come to the camp with us, I had planned to show them how to make body paint using the Action Pack recipe but then they had to cancel and we never got round to doing it... next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!
I love hearing from you and if you haven't joined us in Moms That Rock, come on over!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/momsthatrock/

Pin It button on image hover