Friday 29 October 2010

yum, yum, yum......

Hmmm doesn't this look tasty?
click to enlarge
From the top, left - right
✬ pumpkin, witches snot, monster innards, bat poo
✬ freshly dug up worms in dirt, eyeballs, freshly dug up skull and cemetery dirt
✬ small children's severed fingers, flayed skin on rusty nails, bones, and a few more fingers

Ebi-kun said it wasn't looking revolting enough then I accidentally slipped with the nail gun, oopsie. 
Want to make your own? A tutorial can be found here.
 I love how this turned out, it was actually a practice run for the party food at the weekend.
 Snot anyone? This shovel spoon is perfect for shovelling in the snotty goodness.
 and to drink...that will be Frankinshake.
A perfectly balanced meal containing all the food groups ;o)

Ebi-kun got really into it, he said the bat poo tasted a bit strange so I told him they weren't the usual beans that I buy 'THEY ARE NOT BEANS THEY ARE BAT POO', ermmm yes, sorry sir, I meant to say they are a different breed of bat poo, this year I got vampire bat but we usual get fruit bat! He then went onto say that small children's fingers are much tastier than old peoples fingers *evil cackle*
A tutorial for severed fingers can be found here
It must have been good because he polished off the whole lot!
He was a bit disappointed because we were supposed to do the neighbourhood trick and treating yesterday but the weather was awful, no one made it out, not to worry, we have the playgroup party tomorrow.

If you want to see more Halloween MTD's then pop over here
to be honest I don't think any of them are that revolting.

I might as well add it here, since I know people will ask, what is it all really made from...
Frankinshake is banana and pineapple smoothie (+ food colour)
✬ pumpkin = mikan
✬ Snot = avocado
✬ monster innards = noodles and broccoli (cooked in green water)
✬ bat poo = black beans
✬ worms and dirt = gummy worms and crushed oreo biscuits
✬ eyeballs = boiled egg and mayo
✬ skull and dirt = white chocolate skull and crushed oreo biscuits
✬ fingers = sausages, onion for the nails and ketchup
✬ flayed skin = parma ham
✬ bones = kamoboko (fish cake)

The nails were a gift from our friend Tammy, they actually food picks, I have been saving them for something special! Thanks Tammy!

I have put together my favourite Fun & Fast Ghoulish Halloween Treats into an ebook so you can whip them up at anytime (why just serve ghoulish food at Halloween?)
17 absolutely disgustingly delicious treat ideas... 

All fast and fun to make
All pretty healthy, made from kitchen basics
Most of them suitable to make with the kids too


PLUS a bonus labels pack too!

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is great! I will use your eyeballs recipe & fingers recipe for our halloween party this year! I'll make sure to link to you if I post on my blog.

    I'm also your newest follower :)
    If you can please stop by Emma's Lunch to follow back

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! So such detail & everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really went to a lot of trouble, everything is fantastic,also like your muffin tin meal idea,I might try it with my husband, he's a bit picky LOL. Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!
I love hearing from you and if you haven't joined us in Moms That Rock, come on over!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/momsthatrock/

Pin It button on image hover