Tuesday 28 April 2009

What I have been working on...

This is one of those ideas that has been bouncing around in my head for a while. I did have an earlier attempt but I tried printing onto linen and the ink didn't sit well, I need to find an ink that suits linen better. The little girl is one of my hand carved stamps printed onto cotton, it actually took me nearly 3 hours to make this - being indecisive doesn't help much! At least Ebi-kun was a sweetie and sat making sushi with his playdoh!

The inside is a pretty floral cotton. I am quite happy with how it turned out, it needs a couple of tweaks and I think the next one will be a tad bigger, I am thinking of making some for the shop, what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. you're probably not surprised, but I LOVE it!Your hand carved stamps are too cute. I just recently tried my first zipper. A little frustrating I must say. The majority of the problem involved the zipper it's self. It was very hard to open. Haven't had the courage to try again :)

    p.s. I just subscribed to you so now I can better keep up on your posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, and the stamp turned out great. I need to remember that as another technique for pronting on fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty, Jo! Your hand carved stamp touch makes it even special!You definitely should put some in your shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!
I love hearing from you and if you haven't joined us in Moms That Rock, come on over!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/momsthatrock/

Pin It button on image hover