Thursday 30 October 2008

Playgroup Halloween Party

We belong to an English speaking playgroup, it is open to any child who has at least one foreign parent and use English as a bilingual language. Most of the kids are 'hafu' (Japanese for half Japanese and half something else) but we do have a few kids that have 2 foreign parents. I joined the group when Ebi-kun was just 6 weeks old and was SO glad I found it. Not only is it great for the kids it is a good support network for parents, raising kids in a foreign land is not an easy job (not that it is easy anywhere!) If you live in the Omiya area and would like to join, drop me a line.
Back to the party.... because there was too much going on the weekends before and after Halloween night we decided to have the party on a Wednesday afternoon, many of the kids have a half day at Kindy on a Wednesday so it meant the big kids could come too. All the kids, even the smallest babies were dressed up, so cute, I haven't posted a picture because I didn't get permission from everyone, I know some people don't like pics of their kids splashed all over the WWW. But, here is my little wizard......

He hat was store bought but I made the cape, yes is he holding a ladle, he had just dropped his eyeball! Everyone bought an activity and some decorations, it was more cute than scary and the room we were in have 2 doors so we sent the kids door to door to do 'trick and treat'.
Ebi-kun LOVED it and was full off it until he crawled into bed - that and the sugar rush I think :o).
It is my workshop today, fingers crossed it all goes well....

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I live in Saitama - Urawa. My daughter is 2 1/3yo. I would like to know more about your English play-group! My e-mail is: ryukim2001 at yahoo dot com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!
I love hearing from you and if you haven't joined us in Moms That Rock, come on over!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/momsthatrock/

Pin It button on image hover